Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick fix tuna supper.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 9 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 1⁄2 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Fill a large deep skillet with very hot tap water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Add pasta to the skillet, boil for 1-2 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Drain, set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to skillet; cook over medium-high heat until butter is melted and sizzling.
- Stir in cream, peas and salt; bring to a boil.
- Break tuna into chunks and stir into skillet with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Return pasta to skillet, cook until heated through, tossing gently.
- Serve with additional cheese and pepper to taste.
This was easy to make; I substituted the peas for mushrooms and carrots, and used spaghettini, which is why I think there wasn't enough sauce.
We all liked this a lot and it was quick and easy to put together. No one is real wild about peas in this house so I substituted with sliced fresh mushrooms that I sauteed in butter. I also used a 12 oz. can of tuna. Thanks!