Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Please consult your vet before changing your pets diet. This recipe originally called for 1 tsp of garlic powder. Garlic is OK in small amounts, but consult your vet before adding garlic to your pets diet. The serving amount is just a guess.
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (like parmesan)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well;.
- Roll the dough out to size of a cookie sheet;.
- Pat the dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, bringing it to the edges.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut desired sizes into dough (just score through).
- If you're using as training treats, cut them into small pieces; Sprinkle a little extra cheese if desired on dough for flavor.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and let cool for a few hours;.
- They will keep hardening the longer you leave them.
- Break them apart; store tightly covered or in the freezer.