Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
You've just got to try this unbelievably tasty way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. This creamy casserole is easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1 (26 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicen soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 0.5 (1 lb) package spaghetti, cooked according to package directions (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Stir in the soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, sherry if desired, and onion powder in a large bowl. Add the chicken or turkey, mushrooms and spaghetti and toss to coat. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl with a fork and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Helper: For 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken: cook 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed, in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat in 5 cups boiling water, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Easy Substitution: Substitute 2 cans (12 1/2 ounces each) Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained, for the cooked chicken.