Recipe by Pie Queen
A deliciously tempting desert, that looks extremely impressive but can be made in advance for dinner parties.
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
5 stars for this gorgeous, outstanding, delicious dessert. It tasted a light, fluffy lime cheesecake with a fruity strawberry sauce. The pureed strawberry layer is quite runny due to the frozen strawberries and juice. However, the layers still held, and the consistancy and texture differences made this dessert all that much more special. After 30 minutes in the fridge some of the strawberry juices had soaked into the graham layer, which was okay by me. I did not have very big wine glasses so used three parfait glasses, which gave a good sized serving. Thanks so much for such an original winner of a creation. Reviewed for RSC #11.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 blood orange, juice of
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries
- 4 sheets graham crackers (coarsely crushed)
- 1 ounce pecans (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Strawberry layer - Heat the orange juice with strawberries on medium heat for about 5 minutes until they are soft. Taste the.
- Strawberry-Orange mixture when chilled, depending on the ripeness of the fruit you may need to increase the sweetness to taste with honey or confectioners sugar.
- Mash with potato masher or for a smooth puree blend in a food processor. Allow to cool.
- Cream layer - Combine thawed Cool Whip, ricotta, brandy, lime and honey.
- Cracker layer - Crush the graham crackers coarsely and mix with pecans.
- Parfait - Layer the mixture into a wine glass. Start with the strawberry layer then next sprinkle the graham cracker layer on top.
- Pour the cream layer on top. Repeat with graham crackers, strawberry and top with the cream.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with a pecan, strawberry or orange slice.