Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love shortbread and this recipe is basic shortbread with mini chocolate chips added -- yummy! If using a dark coated pan, bake at 325º for 15 to 20 minutes. I got the recipe from the Land O'Lakes website and it's become a holiday tradition in our home.
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Combine butter and sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low and add flour and cornstarch; beat, scraping bowl often, until well-mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in the chips by hand.
- Press into ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- If browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm.