Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Trader Joe's sells this sweet/salty/tart mixture under the name Tempting Trail Mix. I decided to write down the ingredients here in case you don't have a Trader Joes' near you. Hubby discovered that adding a heaping tablespoon of this to his bowl of old fashioned oatmeal is quite tasty! Proportions are estimated.
- 236.59 ml salted peanuts, roasted and blanched
- 236.59 ml tart dried cherries, pitted
- 59.14 ml white chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml dark chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml peanut butter chips
- 236.59 ml whole cashews or 236.59 ml cashew halves, roasted
- 236.59 ml salted whole almond, roasted
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Keep stored in airtight container.
- Great for traveling, parties, kids' snacks, etc.
Made this to divide in little bags to add to DH lunch. He LOVES it, esp the cherries. I will be adding more of those next time. I divided them into about 1/2 to 3/4 cup servings for some tasty extra calories in the long work day and they are perfect.
This is wonderful! I made it for a party and it was a huge hit.
Nice tasting trail mix and easy to make. Thanks Cookgirl. Bullwinkle.