1/1 Photo of Tempeh With Broccolini, Bell Peppers and Spanish Smoked Paprika
Tofu can replace tempeh if preferred. For a meal-in-a-bowl serve over steamed short grain brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, etc. From Better Nutrition magazine. Only a few changes were made from the original recipe. Easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Broccolini, ends trimmed (sometimes called "baby broccoli")
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 medium yellow bell peppers or 1/2 medium orange bell pepper, seeded, membrane removed and cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, membrane and seeds removed, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley or 3 tablespoons fresh basil, would be really good, too
- 1Steam broccolini in large steamer until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from steamer and immediately rinse under cold water.
- 2While broccolini is steaming, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons grape seed oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- 3Add tempeh, and sauté until tempeh is browned, about 5 minutes. (I much prefer tempeh on the browned, crispy side.) Now add the bell peppers and onions, cooking another 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat if necessary to avoid burning.
- 4Stir in paprika, garlic and dried oregano cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute more.
- 5Add broccolini, stirring well to mix with other ingredients. Cook 1–2 minutes to incorporate flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer to large platter, drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and garnish with the fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh With Broccolini, Bell Peppers and Spanish Smoked Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: