Recipe by americancook98
A vegetarian taco! I love this recipe and I personally can't tell the difference between a regular taco and a tempeh taco.
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh (Found at my local Meijers)
- 1 (15 ounce) canof rotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (You can use other tomatoes)
- 1 onion
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning (I'm using Lysander's Authentic Fajita Seasoning I don't use the whole pack about half)
- canola oil
- 4 taco shells (You can use any kind... Does not matter)
- cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open pack of tempeh.
- Use a bowl and crumble the tempeh into the bowl.
- Get a pan out and put a drop of canola oil in it and let it spread(the ingredients may start to stick without it).
- Put the tempeh into the pan.
- Open the can of tomatoes with a can opener then add the tomatoes to the tempeh.
- Take an onion after after you've peeled it chop up a small amt. and add it to the ingredients in the pan.
- Turn the heat onto medium and stir it occasionally for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes is up put the taco seasoning into the mix. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve when the cooking time is up, you can add any topping you like on your tacos!