A vegetarian taco! I love this recipe and I personally can't tell the difference between a regular taco and a tempeh taco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh (Found at my local Meijers)
- 1 (15 ounce) can of rotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (You can use other tomatoes)
- 1 onion
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning (I'm using Lysander's Authentic Fajita Seasoning I don't use the whole pack about half)
- canola oil
- 4 taco shells (You can use any kind... Does not matter)
- cheese (optional)
- 1Open pack of tempeh.
- 2Use a bowl and crumble the tempeh into the bowl.
- 3Get a pan out and put a drop of canola oil in it and let it spread(the ingredients may start to stick without it).
- 4Put the tempeh into the pan.
- 5Open the can of tomatoes with a can opener then add the tomatoes to the tempeh.
- 6Take an onion after after you've peeled it chop up a small amt. and add it to the ingredients in the pan.
- 7Turn the heat onto medium and stir it occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 8After the 5 minutes is up put the taco seasoning into the mix. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- 9Ready to serve when the cooking time is up, you can add any topping you like on your tacos!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1053.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g