1 hr 5 mins
Tempeh and sweet potatoes in in coconut curry sauce served over over rice. From "Cooking Light". Curry can be simplified using a curry paste or even curry powder.
My Private Note
cups cu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped peeled sweet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 8 ounces organic tempeh, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3Cook 2 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in tamarind or citrus fruit; cook 2 minutes, stirring to break up tamarind.
- 5Add ginger and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon); cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, potato, water, milk, and tempeh; bring to a boil.
- 7Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; stir in lime juice and soy sauce. Simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.4
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 864.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 16.3 g