Recipe by Bergy
I am not vegetarian but enjoy tempeh it has a nice nutty flavor and a solid texture . You can prepare it in so many different ways. BBQ or broil this recipe. I like to serve these over brown rice. Prep time does not include marinate time
Top Review by FelixtheKittz
This was delish! I love that you also steam your tempeh, I always tell people to try it steamed, it's so much for temder. Thanks for this new addition to my monthly menu here at home
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tempeh, steamed for 10 minutes, then cut in cubes 1/2 x 1 x 1 inch
- 2 green peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into large pieces
- 1 lb medium fresh mushrooms, whole
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups teriyaki sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all your veggies& Tempeh in a large bowl and pour in the BBQ sauce.
- Mix gently so the sauce covers all the veggies& tempeh.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or leave overnight.
- Alternate the veggies and Tempeh on skewers (You can make 4 large kebobs or 8 smaller ones) BBQ over mebium heat, turn& baste frequently with the BBq sauce that you marinated the veggies etc inches.
- They are done when the peppers& onions are nicely browned Apprx 15 minutes.