- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- in a small pan, crumble the tempeh and add enough water to almost cover it. over med/high heat, simmer the tempeh until most of the water is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes or until the water is mostly absorbed.
- drain the remaining water and add the rest of the ingredients and cook over med. heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.