Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Created by Lauren, veganized by me! This was originally made with tuna. I subbed crumbled tempeh and Veganaise for the tuna and mayo to make a vegan version of this delicious sandwich filling. The pickle and the horseradish make this sandwich filling REALLY flavorful!! Please note: before I use tempeh in any recipe, I usually steam it first in some water and soy sauce for about 10 minutes. Place the crumbled tempeh in a sauce pan, just covered with water and a couple splashed of soy, bring to a boil and steam.
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, steamed and cooled
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (I use Veganaise)
- 2 -3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- fresh black pepper, onion powder and paprika, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve on toast, in a pita, or in a hollowed out tomato cup in the summer!