Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from Vegweb years ago and want to document it so I don't lose it again!
Make and share this Tempeh Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Cube tempeh and steam for 15 minutes.
- Chop/grate/slice vegetables while tempeh cooks.
- Allow tempeh to cool slightly. Mash it with a fork.
- Mix in the vegetables and stir well.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, curry powder, broth powder, and celery seed. Mix well.
- Add mayo, beginning with a few tablespoons and adding more if needed. Season with black pepper.
Mmm...this is good! I love tempeh salad sandwiches, so I look forward to enjoying this batch with toast tomorrow. I halved everything as it's only for me, except for the curry powder. I don't often use celery seed, surprised how much I like it in this. Very quick to prepare and easy to customize, I'm sure I'll make again! Veg*n Swap May 2011.
I enjoyed this salad. I added some alfalfa sprouts and ate it as a salad. I enjoyed the veggies in it and liked the lemon juice.Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.