Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from Vegweb years ago and want to document it so I don't lose it again!
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (they recommend Nayonnaise)
- black pepper
- Cube tempeh and steam for 15 minutes.
- Chop/grate/slice vegetables while tempeh cooks.
- Allow tempeh to cool slightly. Mash it with a fork.
- Mix in the vegetables and stir well.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, curry powder, broth powder, and celery seed. Mix well.
- Add mayo, beginning with a few tablespoons and adding more if needed. Season with black pepper.
Mmm...this is good! I love tempeh salad sandwiches, so I look forward to enjoying this batch with toast tomorrow. I halved everything as it's only for me, except for the curry powder. I don't often use celery seed, surprised how much I like it in this. Very quick to prepare and easy to customize, I'm sure I'll make again! Veg*n Swap May 2011.
I enjoyed this salad. I added some alfalfa sprouts and ate it as a salad. I enjoyed the veggies in it and liked the lemon juice.Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.