Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Veggie Times 2007. They use soy tempeh. The one I specified is my personal choice. I just like it better.
- Combine first five ingredients [to water] over medium heat then add tempeh and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes. Remove heat, cover and let cool.
- Make the Dressing by combining ingredients.
- Toast half the bread. Drain tempeh and remove all but tempeh slices. Place 3 slices of tempeh on slice of untoasted bread. Top with cheese. Broil or toast 3 to 5 minutes. Cheese should melt.
- Top with 1/4 cup of kraut on each 'sandwich'. Spread set aside bread with dressing. Top sandwiches. Slice in half on diagonal.
- Serve with a LARGE deli pickle sliced in quarters lenghtwise and some chips.