Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another from "The Whole Soy Cookbook".
- 1 lb tempeh, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large pot, set a steamer basket over boiling water
- Put the tempeh in the pot and steam, covered, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable and sesame oils over medium-high heat, and saute the garlic for 15 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and peppers, stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and soy sauce, add the steamed tempeh.
- Stir fry for 3 more minutes.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.