1/1 Photo of Tempeh Cashew Noodles
Chandra M's Note:
Easy & quick meal. I got this from my best friend, who can't remember where she got it. The 1st reviewer was right, my original directions were awful :( They should be better this time :) Thanks for letting me know!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cashews
- 8 ounces tempeh, cut in small chunks
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or 4 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste, to taste (such as sriracha)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package udon noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1Fry tempeh, zucchini, and onion in olive oil until the onion is soft and slightly brown.
- 2Boil water for noodles.
- 3Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 44 minutes before noodles are done, add frozen peas.
- 5Rinse pasta and peas when done.
- 6In a blender, combine 3/4 cup cashews, garlic, soy sauce/braggs amino, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, chili.
- 7Blend until smooth, and add to tempeh, zucchini-onion mixture.
- 8Pour cashew mixture over noodles, stir to combine, garnish with remaining cashews, and serve.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Cashew Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.5
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2423.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar