Recipe by Chandra M
Easy & quick meal. I got this from my best friend, who can't remember where she got it. The 1st reviewer was right, my original directions were awful :( They should be better this time :) Thanks for letting me know!
- 1 cup cashews
- 8 ounces tempeh, cut in small chunks
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or 4 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste, to taste (such as sriracha)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package udon noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry tempeh, zucchini, and onion in olive oil until the onion is soft and slightly brown.
- Boil water for noodles.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 4 minutes before noodles are done, add frozen peas.
- Rinse pasta and peas when done.
- In a blender, combine 3/4 cup cashews, garlic, soy sauce/braggs amino, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, chili.
- Blend until smooth, and add to tempeh, zucchini-onion mixture.
- Pour cashew mixture over noodles, stir to combine, garnish with remaining cashews, and serve.