Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy & quick meal. I got this from my best friend, who can't remember where she got it. The 1st reviewer was right, my original directions were awful :( They should be better this time :) Thanks for letting me know!
- 1 cup cashews
- 8 ounces tempeh, cut in small chunks
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or 4 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste, to taste (such as sriracha)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package udon noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Fry tempeh, zucchini, and onion in olive oil until the onion is soft and slightly brown.
- Boil water for noodles.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 4 minutes before noodles are done, add frozen peas.
- Rinse pasta and peas when done.
- In a blender, combine 3/4 cup cashews, garlic, soy sauce/braggs amino, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, chili.
- Blend until smooth, and add to tempeh, zucchini-onion mixture.
- Pour cashew mixture over noodles, stir to combine, garnish with remaining cashews, and serve.
Very good and tasty, a definite Asian flavor.
Good, simple, and filling. We wrapped the mixture in rice paper wrappers rather than serving over noodles. Good recipe, Chandra!
YUMMM, this was my first attempt at cooking AND eating tempeh, and it turned out really well! I'm excited to try other tempeh recipes thanks to this one.