1 hr 20 mins
posting for safe-keeping. From Vegan with a Vengeance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the marinade, combine the Bragg Liquid Aminos (tamari or soy sauce), apple cider vinegar, tomato paste and liquid smoke in a wide, shallow bowl. Mix with a fork until the paste is fully dissolved. Set aside.
- 2Cut the tempeh into thin strips (less that 1/4-inch thick) lengthwise. You should be able to get about 12 strips.
- 3Rub the strips with the crushed garlic, then toss the garlic cloves into the marinade.
- 4Submerge the tempeh strips in the marinade and let sit, for at least an hour up to overnight.
- 5After marinating, discard the garlic.
- 6Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add the tempeh strips and cook for 4 minute on one side; the bottom should be nicely browned.
- 8Flip the strips over and pour the remainder of the marinade over them; if there isn't much marinade left add a splash of water.
- 9Cover and let cook for 3 more minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- 10Uncover and check for doneness; if necessary, keep cooking uncovered until all sides are nicely browned.
- 11Remove from heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (1119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.2
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos