Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely, comforting dish from Dr. Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat Cookbook.
- 6 -9 whole baby onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 225 g tempeh
- 1 strip kombu (sea vegetable)
- 3 carrots, trimmed, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free vegetable bouillon granules
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 small pumpkin, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the onions and oil in a medium-sized casserole dish. Add enough water to cover them and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tempeh, kombu, carrots, ginger, rosemary, bouillon, and thyme. Add more water to cover vegetables. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and heat through.
- Take 2 tablespoons of broth from the pot, mix with the miso, and return to the pot.
- Serve garnished with parsley.