Recipe by That is Dr House to you
have not done this one yet. It is on the agenda. Modifed a bit from Cooking Light. Use at thy own risk.
Top Review by Lena Cabana Fe Fi Fo Fena
I made a slightly modified version of this because I didn't have leeks, or the spices, but I must say it is VERY satisfying. A little salty so perhaps I'll try Braggs next time. Thanks for posting it!
- cooking spray
- 12 ounces tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups diced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 (4 inch) portabella mushroom caps, gills removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup celery leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 parsley sprig
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced garlic
- 14 1⁄2 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a pot with cooking spray then heat over med high. Add the tempeh when hot and saute until golden brown [about 8 minutes].
- Add the wine and the soy sauce and cook until liquid almost evaporates.
- Remove Tempeh. Add leeks and mushrooms [you may want to add a bit of broth] and saute 5 minutes then stir in flour and cook 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Make a bouquet of the celery leaves, thyme and parsley with some string. toss it, the garlic and broth into the pan. Stir well. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Uncover and thicken by cooking. Toss the herbs. Stir in lemon and salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with rind.