Recipe by chef FIFI
This is one of the recipes that remind me of my childhood. This pudding is a very common Puerto Rican dessert. To describe it I would say that is a creamy coconut pudding, topped with cinnamon and delicious.
Top Review by ro.
I live in Puerto rico and this is a local favorite. Taste just like how they make it here. I used coconut milk instead of regular milk though, and a bit less sugar. Yummy!!! Worth a try.
- 7 ounces cream of coconut (approx 1/2 can)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon, and or flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine milk and cream of coconut,corn starch,vanilla and sugar mix very well.
- Stir constantly on medium high until mixture begins to boil and gets thick.
- Let boil a couple more minutes still keep stirring, then you can either pour into individual dessert cups or a mold.
- Let cool on tabletop, then refrigerate.
- Top with garnish.