1/1 Photo of Tembleque (Puerto Rican Style Coconut Pudding)
chef FIFI's Note:
This is one of the recipes that remind me of my childhood. This pudding is a very common Puerto Rican dessert. To describe it I would say that is a creamy coconut pudding, topped with cinnamon and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces cream of coconut (approx 1/2 can)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1In a saucepan combine milk and cream of coconut,corn starch,vanilla and sugar mix very well.
- 2Stir constantly on medium high until mixture begins to boil and gets thick.
- 3Let boil a couple more minutes still keep stirring, then you can either pour into individual dessert cups or a mold.
- 4Let cool on tabletop, then refrigerate.
- 5Top with garnish.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tembleque (Puerto Rican Style Coconut Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.6
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 101.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g