Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe many years ago from a Goya cookbook and I must say that after trying other recipes this is the one I always go back to. It is quick and very easy and is packed with lots of coconut flavor. For the past 6 years my co-workers have asked me to make this for our Thanksgiving luncheon and its always the first dessert to go. One note - I like to use 2 cups of canned coconut milk in place of regular whole milk.
- 1 (15 ounce) cancoco goya cream of coconut
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon (to garnish)
- 1.In a bowl combine milk and cream of coconut. In saucepan, dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup of milk mixture.
- 2.Add remaining milk mixture, salt, sugar, vanilla. Stir on medium high until mixture begins to thicken. Lower heat to medium. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Boil about 2 minutes, stirring gently.
- 3.Pour into mold (or pan) which has been rinsed in cold water. Cool. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Unmold. Slice, sprinkle with cinnamon.