I got this recipe many years ago from a Goya cookbook and I must say that after trying other recipes this is the one I always go back to. It is quick and very easy and is packed with lots of coconut flavor. For the past 6 years my co-workers have asked me to make this for our Thanksgiving luncheon and its always the first dessert to go. One note - I like to use 2 cups of canned coconut milk in place of regular whole milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11.In a bowl combine milk and cream of coconut. In saucepan, dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup of milk mixture.
- 22.Add remaining milk mixture, salt, sugar, vanilla. Stir on medium high until mixture begins to thicken. Lower heat to medium. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Boil about 2 minutes, stirring gently.
- 33.Pour into mold (or pan) which has been rinsed in cold water. Cool. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- 4Unmold. Slice, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tembleque - Coconut Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.9
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 153.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g