Recipe by l0ve2c00k
This desert is typically served during Christmas time. Personally, I never wait that long to have this yummy coco-nutty desert.
Top Review by piranhabriana
I give this 10 stars for flavor, but 1 star for texture. It was so yummy but I just couldn't get past the texture. There has to be a way to get that cornstarch to not lump up...
UPDATE: I put all ingredients in my stand mixer and mixed at top speed for 2 minutes then put in saucepan and heated to boiling stirring constantly. It takes very little time to thicken perfectly and NO LUMPS!! :-)
- 946.36 ml coconut milk
- 118.29 ml cornstarch
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml orange blossom water (optional)
- ground cinnamon, to sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup coconut milk.
- Once dissolved add the rest of the coconut milk, sugar, and salt.
- Cook at medium-high heat stirring constantly!
- As it thickens, lower heat until it boils thick.
- Pour right away into wet molds, pans or cups.
- Cool and then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Carefully separate the tembleque from the mold using a knife.
- Turn it over unto a dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.