2 hrs 15 mins
This desert is typically served during Christmas time. Personally, I never wait that long to have this yummy coco-nutty desert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup coconut milk.
- 2Once dissolved add the rest of the coconut milk, sugar, and salt.
- 3Cook at medium-high heat stirring constantly!
- 4As it thickens, lower heat until it boils thick.
- 5Pour right away into wet molds, pans or cups.
- 6Cool and then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 7Carefully separate the tembleque from the mold using a knife.
- 8Turn it over unto a dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tembleque
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g