Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
A nice vegetarian dish, that goes well with rice as a main or side dish.
- 6 eggs
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (pref. ketjap manis)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the eggs till hard, rinse under cold water and peel. Slice thickly.
- Heat oil in pan (pref. a stir fry pan-- wadjan or wok) and fry shallots about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and garlic and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add chilli sauce, soy sauce, 125 ml water and salt to taste.
- Add eggs and simmer for about 5 minutes.