Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
If the Teleme is too creamy to grate, you can slice it.
- 8 ounces teleme cheese, coarsely grated (may substitute mozzarella or Monterey Jack)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices potato bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 6 slices tomatoes, cut in half (1/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, toss the cheese, orange peel, and marjoram together.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread; place 4 slices on work surface with buttered side down.
- Place the cheese mixture evenly over the 4 slices, followed by the tomato slices.
- Place the remaining 4 bread slices on top, buttered side up.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Put the sandwiches in the skillet (do this in batches, if needed), cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until undersides are golden brown and cheese has begun to melt.
- Uncover, turn the sandwiches using a spatula, pressing firmly to flatten them slightly.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes or until undersides are golden brown.
- Turn again, press with the spatula and cook for 30 seconds, or until the cheese has melted completely; serve immediately.