Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "A long and refreshing drink with ginger to keep you alert, lemon for sharpness, balanced by the sweetness of honey."
- 1 2⁄3 ounces vodka
- 2 1⁄3 ounces apple juice
- 2 1⁄3 ounces cranberry juice
- 2⁄3 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- apple, thin wedge to garnish (optional)
- Pour the juices, vodka, honey and ginger slices into a shaker with ice. Shake.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a thin wedge of apple if desired.
This is very refreshing like Cookiedog said. The only thing I like a little less is the strong taste of ginger. Maybe 1 slice would be enough for me. But it was not too tart for me. Thanks Engrossed. Made for Holiday tag.
This is very refreshing. With a tsp. of honey it was a little too tart for me so next time I'll add more. It's a very pretty pink color too!
Wow, I love ginger... This was so so good. It was my birthday cocktail and I usually only drink wine or champagne because I don't like the taste of most alcohol (yep, lightweight) but this was yummy. I used ALL the honey, though, and liked it a LOT!