Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 5 -6 lbs boned legs of veal, boned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, spiced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (with leaves)
- 1 parsley root, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cut into thin strips
- butter or margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- salt and pepper
- Trim meat.
- With large needle push bacon strips through the meat.
- Rub with=20 salt& pepper.
- Place onions, carrot, celery, parsley and 3 tablespoons butter on roasting pan.
- Add boiling water.
- Roast in oven (350 F) until 170 F in meat thermometer (30 min. per pound).
- When half done, add wine, 2 teaspoon butter and stir in flour and sour cream.
- Every 15 minutes spread mixture on top and sides, cook until this has been absorbed.
- To make sauce, strain pan juices, add wine, lemon peel and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir flour into cream, mix and add to sauce stirring until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with noodles, potatoes or dumplings.