Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This quick and easy recipe was my winning entry in RSC #5. This dish is colorful and a southwest spin on pizza. It is very spicy with the chipotles and the jalapeño cheese. I served it with a green salad and simple dessert. Update: Since several reviewers were having trouble with the crust, I tried this again & agree that two cans of crescent rolls would be an improvement in order to not stretch the dough so thin. I have also made this on a pizza crust & into quesadillas and liked those options too. I hope you enjoy my spicy creation!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced fine
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, diced, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, grated, divided
- 1 (10 count) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- In skillet brown ground turkey, drain well.
- Add olive oil, garlic, peas, corn, zucchini, onion, bell pepper,& red pepper: Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in chipotle pepper, sage, adobe sauce, salt, honey, and 4 oz of the grated cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Open crescent rolls to form rectangle, lightly press slits together: With rolling pin, roll into free form circle, you do not have to be exact, (You may need 1-2 T flour).
- Place dough into pizza pan and lightly mash into the right shape trying to keep dough even.
- Spoon meat and vegetable topping onto dough.
- Top with 4 oz grated cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
My husband wanted a pizza and I found this one, when I went searching, We loved all the fresh ingredients, I gave my cheese to him and it was still great. Made for ZWT8.
Sooooo good! And wicked simple to make. I had to omit the peas, but otherwise followed the recipe. Loved the little bit of heat and flavor from the chipotle chile and used a combination of pepper jack cheese and mexican cheddar. I would cook the crescent dough for a few minutes before adding the topping next time. Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas of ZWT5.
5 stars # more!!!! I loved this. The chipolte and adobo give it such a great flavor as well as all the vegies. I used a refrigerated pizza dough and it came out just fine. Yummm is all I can say :) Made for PAC Spring '09