This is a simple but delicious bread and sausage stuffing using Portuguese Chourico. Note: You can substitute Linguica if Chourico is unavailable. The bread should be your standard $0.99 sandwich style bread, nothing more fancy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open the bread bags and leave out for 48 hours. You can skip this step if you don't have the time and instead lightly toast both loaves to dry them.
- 2Tear the bread into small (nickle to quarter sized) chunks and set aside in a large baking pan. The disposable foil 18" x 13.25" pans w/ cover work well for this.
- 3Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Grind the chourico, onion in a food processor or finely chop it by hand. Do not liquefy!
- 5Melt butter in large skillet over low heat.
- 6Add chourico, onion, salt and seasoning to butter and saute.
- 7Add milk to chourico mixture.
- 8Pour the entire mixture over the bread in baking pan. Combine thoroughly. Start by tossing the mixture and as soon as the butter/sausage cools to a workable temperature combine by hand. The bread should be entirely coated with no dry spots.
- 9Spread the mixture evenly around the pan and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. The stuffing should start to brown on the top.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teixeira's Chourico Bread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.3
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 1507.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: