1/1 Photo of Teisennau Eog Dyfrdwy (Welsh Salmon Fish Cakes).
Since one of my family lines of genealogy is Welsh, I wanted to include a few Welsh recipes in my postings for the ZWT #6--2010. Salmon is the king of fish and these potato and fish cakes, flavoured with parsley and chives are considered a luxury starter or main course in Wales. The original version of this recipe was found on Traditional Welsh Recipes.
My Private Note
fish ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes until tender.
- 2Mash well with 1 Tablespoon of the butter and mix in the salmon, parsley, chives and lemon zest.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Turn out onto a floured surface, divide into 8 portions and shape into cakes.
- 5Fry in 2 Tablespoons butter mixed with oil until golden brown on each side. Drain on kitchen paper.
- 6Serve as a starter on a bed of lettuce with soured cream and chive dressing or as a main course garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teisennau Eog Dyfrdwy (Welsh Salmon Fish Cakes).
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 688.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g