Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 10 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon treacle
- 4 ounces lard
- 1 pinch mixed spice
- 1 pinch ginger
- 3 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces dried fruit
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream the sugar and fat.
- Mix in the egg and add the remainder of the ingredients, having desolved the bicarbonate in the milk.
- Bake in a greased tin for about 3/4 hour in a moderately hot oven.
- Gas control, Gas MArk 5 (375F).
- 3 teacupsful of flour; 1 teacupful of butter; 1 teacupful of sugar; 2 teaspoonful of baking powder; 2 eggs; milk to mix; a little dried fruit.
- Rub the butter into the flour, add sugar, baking powder and well beaten eggs and milk if necessary - it must be kept fairly stiff.
- This mixture is enough to fill two sandwich tins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut in half, spread with butter and eat hot.
- Oven control, Gas Mark 5 (375F).
- Croeso Cymreig.