Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A scrumptious salad best made with a seedless orange. From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 bunch watercress (used mixed greens if watercress is unavailable)
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style), your own recipe, or storebought)
- Arrange cress or mixed greens on a pretty salad plate; place an orange slice on top.
- Top with grapes and a scattering of pecans.
- Serve with French dressing.