Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is something that we fix often and really enjoy. My mom created the recipe and she has passed on so I want to keep this recipe alive.I usually use an arm or chuck roast because they come out so tender. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 lbs beef roast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix or 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 (8 ounce) cans water (tomato sauce cans)
- salt and pepper
- Brown the roast real brown on all sides in about 3 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Add all of the other ingredients and stir to mix together.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook in the oven at 350°F for 2 to 3 hours or until it starts to fall apart into large pieces.
- Serve with refried beans, Spanish rice and warm flour tortillas.