1 hr 30 mins
Misty Mathews's Note:
Dirty Rice is a staple in South Louisiana. I fell in love with this dressing at an Easter family gathering. I begged and got this wonderful recipe from my husband's Aunt Adine Laborde (TeeTa as she is known in the family) I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cube eggplant, boil 10 minutes and drain.
- 2Melt butter in heavy large dutch oven.
- 3Saute onion, garlic, celery, peppers until soft, add ground meat and cook until meat is done.
- 4Add eggplant to meat mixture and mash.
- 5Cook meat/eggplant mixture an additional 15-20 minutes.
- 6Add salt and peppers (adjust for taste) Then fold in rice and green onions in meat mixture.
- 7Turn off heat and let steam for 30 minutes.
- 8Fold in parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teeta's Eggplant (Aubergine) Dirty Rice
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 285.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground meat