Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe found in the Grand Rapids Press on 4/30/08. I loved it but it needed just a bit of zing for my family.
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados, diced, ripe, but firm
- 2 -3 jalapenos, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 (2 -3 ounce) packagegood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- garlic, minced to taste or garlic powder, to taste
- In large bowl, combine diced red onion, tomatoes, avocado, corn and black beans; mix well. Stir in olive oil, vinegar, water, Italian dressing mix and garlic. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Notes: I prefer to use grilled corn removed from the cob or frozen corn, thrawed and drained when the weather doesn't allow for grilling.