Recipe by Chief Teer
This is an old family recipe from when I was a kid. We ate a lot of these! They are great and we called them hub caps. They each looked like an old bent hub cap off an old junk car! that is how they got their name.
- 3 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons refried beans
- 3 olives, black (sliced and pitted)
- 3 teaspoons stuffed green olives (sliced and pitted)
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 teaspoons onions (diced)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry tortillas in skillet in oil until crisp.
- Take off heat and spread on beans.
- Return to skillet and add olives, salsa, onions, and cheese.
- When cheese melts, serve onto plate and top with lettuce.
- You can add taco seasoned hamburger meat, if you like to the recipe.