Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An attractive and delicious way to use summer's bounty of fresh tiny tomatoes, oregano leaves and basil. Simple and straightforward.
- 2 cups assorted cherry tomatoes or 2 cups red pear tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half, leaving a few whole for garnish; plate the basil leaves and top each with 1/2 the tomatoes; drizzle with oil and vinegar to taste.
- Garnish with whole tomatoes, cheese and oregano; season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
While we enjoyed this salad, we felt it was a bit too rich for our tastes. Next time I make this, I will probably substitute red-wine vinegar in place of the balsamic, or cut back on the amount of balsamic vinegar. I used fresh grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh oregano from our garden. We really enjoyed the flavor combinations of the feta cheese and the tomatoes! It's a great way to use the bounty from the garden! Thanks for posting!