Teeny Tiny Orange Cinnamon Rolls
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl. Stir in milk, sugar, butter, salt, egg and 2 cups of the flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 1/2 hours. (dough is ready if an indentation remains when touched).
- Punch down dough. Separate dough into quarters and roll each section out into flat rectangles about as thick as a flour tortilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the filling. Spread about a quarter of the mixture on the flat sheet of dough and roll the dough up jellyroll style. Slice each finished roll into small sections, each section being a finished miniature cinnamon roll (slices depend on your preference and conditions. You can make larger cinnamon rolls or smaller ones, almost as thin as cookies. Its up to you.) Place each finished cinnamon roll slice on end (one of the cut ends down on the baking sheet) and continue with each of the quarters of dough. Allow rolls to rise for about 35-40 minutes, then bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes (small rolls, like mine) or 20-30 minutes for standard or jumbo sized rolls.
- For the glaze, mix together a tablespoon of melted butter, a tablespoon of milk or cream, a teaspoon of orange extract (or almond extract) and 2-4 cups powdered sugar, depending on how thick you want your glaze to be. You can also add a drop of food coloring to the mix, like I did for my orange rolls.
- Glaze the rolls as soon as they're out of the oven to seal in the softness. Let them cool for a few minutes then devour!