Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are so cute and you will get ohhs and ahhs when you serve these with a tad of fruit on top. These are so easy and delicious. You can substitute the apricot preserves for any other that you like or do a combination of several. The fruits that are pretty are tiny pieces of kiwi, a slice of strawberry, or one raspberry, or you can eliminate the preserves and put a dab of fruit pie filling on the top (I love cherry pie filling--and it is pretty).
- 24 vanilla wafers, cookies
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- mixed fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, and eggs and beat at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes or till set.
- Melt the preserves in a small saucepan over low heat.
- If you are going to put a tiny piece of fruit on the top, do it before you drizzle the heated preserve.
- Carefully spoon melted preserves over top.
- Cover the tins with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Before serving, remove cupcake papers and bring to room temperature.