Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm going to say use a packet of pectin for this jam. The original called for "1/4 t gum arabic." Use this on bread or whatever you like. From http://www.habeeb.com/Lebanese-food/Lebanese-recipes.12.html
- Cut the dried figs in small pieces.
- Dissolve sugar in water and bring to a full boil.
- Skim off the foam.
- Add lemon juice.
- Place figs in the syrup and boil together on a medium flame. Gradually increase the flame, stirring mixture constantly to avoid burning.
- Add walnuts, pine nuts, sesame seeds and anise seeds and cook on low fire for five minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from fire.
- Stir in mustikah (pectin).
- Pour into jars.
- Decorate tops with walnut halves which have been lightly toasted.