This recipe is a quick and easy way for you to get lunch or dinner on the table for a busy teenager or for he/she to make it themselves. It isn't gourmet but it is tasty and filling. You can pair it with a salad and a roll for a fill em up meal. Teenager approved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4-6 quart skillet or pot cook 1 pound ground beef or turkey until cooked and no longer pink.
- 2drain meat.
- 3Sitir in rice-vermicelli mix, 1/4 cup margarine or butter, 5 cups water and special seasonings.
- 4bring to a boil.
- 5cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 6OPTIONAL: top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- 7OPTIONAL: stir in 1 1/2 cups corn during the last 3 minutes of simmering and/or OPTIONAL.
- 8stir in 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teen Age Boy Inexpensive and Easy Lunch/Dinner - Seasoned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.1
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 216.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g