Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a quick and easy way for you to get lunch or dinner on the table for a busy teenager or for he/she to make it themselves. It isn't gourmet but it is tasty and filling. You can pair it with a salad and a roll for a fill em up meal. Teenager approved.
- In a 4-6 quart skillet or pot cook 1 pound ground beef or turkey until cooked and no longer pink.
- drain meat.
- Sitir in rice-vermicelli mix, 1/4 cup margarine or butter, 5 cups water and special seasonings.
- bring to a boil.
- cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- OPTIONAL: top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- OPTIONAL: stir in 1 1/2 cups corn during the last 3 minutes of simmering and/or OPTIONAL.
- stir in 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa just before serving.