Recipe by ChefDLH
This recipe is a quick and easy way for you to get lunch or dinner on the table for a busy teenager or for he/she to make it themselves. It isn't gourmet but it is tasty and filling. You can pair it with a salad and a roll for a fill em up meal. Teenager approved.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- one box Rice-A-Roni (beef flavor, family size)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-6 quart skillet or pot cook 1 pound ground beef or turkey until cooked and no longer pink.
- drain meat.
- Sitir in rice-vermicelli mix, 1/4 cup margarine or butter, 5 cups water and special seasonings.
- bring to a boil.
- cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- OPTIONAL: top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- OPTIONAL: stir in 1 1/2 cups corn during the last 3 minutes of simmering and/or OPTIONAL.
- stir in 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa just before serving.