Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nearly all the sweet & sour sauces here on RecipeZaar have pineapple in them - this one doesn't . It is just a perfect combo of sweet/sour flavor. Do your pork, chicken what ever meat you prefer pan browned or deep fried then pour this sauce over and serve immediately. If you are not deep frying the meat coat with a bit of corn starch and crisp fry it until done. I like 1" cubes for the meat. This is enough sauce for 1 lb of meat
- 14.79 ml peanut oil or 14.79 ml other low flavored oil
- 4.92 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded,menbranes removed,cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 medium carrot, scrapped,cut into strips 2 inch long by 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 59.16 ml sugar or 59.16 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 59.16 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, disolved in
- 29.58 ml water
- Put tbsp of oil into a wok or skillet, heat but not smoking.
- Add garlic, carrot & green pepper stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the carrot & pepper start to darken in color.
- Pour in the chicken stock, soy, vinegar & sugar, bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute.
- Add mixed cornstarch, keep stirring the sauce until it is clear and thickened.
- Pour over the meat and enjoy.
Great recipe. I used pieces of bone-in chicken. For the sugar/splenda, I used 36 drops of liquid splenda and a pinch of stevia powder. Instead of corn starch, I used a very little bit of xanthan gum. It was very good.
wowBergy! Whomever Ted is he sure does know his sweet and sour, perfect balance! I chopped up two boneless pork chops, stir fryed them,removed them to a warm oven and made the sweet and sour sauce in the same frypan, followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfect! I put brown basmati rice on the platter first, then the pork and poured the sauce over all. I had some red and some yellow bell peppers to use up so I added them in with the green, made quite a pretty dish with the carrots etc. We love this sauce and will be making it again, thanks for sharing a really tasty recipe!!