1/5 Photos of Ted's Sweet & Sour Sauce for Pork, Chicken Etc
Nearly all the sweet & sour sauces here on RecipeZaar have pineapple in them - this one doesn't . It is just a perfect combo of sweet/sour flavor. Do your pork, chicken what ever meat you prefer pan browned or deep fried then pour this sauce over and serve immediately. If you are not deep frying the meat coat with a bit of corn starch and crisp fry it until done. I like 1" cubes for the meat. This is enough sauce for 1 lb of meat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon other low flavored oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded,menbranes removed,cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 medium carrot, scrapped,cut into strips 2 inch long by 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons sugar or 4 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, disolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Put tbsp of oil into a wok or skillet, heat but not smoking.
- 2Add garlic, carrot & green pepper stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the carrot & pepper start to darken in color.
- 3Pour in the chicken stock, soy, vinegar & sugar, bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute.
- 4Add mixed cornstarch, keep stirring the sauce until it is clear and thickened.
- 5Pour over the meat and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ted's Sweet & Sour Sauce for Pork, Chicken Etc
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g