Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have never tasted softer, crustier, perfect bread. He says it's the whipping cream that does it! Ted said that he often makes the dough places the four balls in the 2lb bread tin, butters the top, covers it with a cloth then places it in the fridge over night allowing 1 hour at room temperature to allow the final raising before baking. This recipe also makes wonderful buns just size them accordingly.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put all the dry ingredients into the Bread Machine.
- Add all the wet ingredients.
- Set Machine for 2 loaf size on dough cycle only.
- When cycle is completed make 4 balls and place into a buttered loaf pan side by side.
- Paint the bread with butter.
- Cover with cloth and allow to raise to double.
- Bake at 375°F (oven preheated) for 35 minutes or until hollow when tapped.
I actually made this bread by hand and it turned out fabulous! I did just as the recipe said, mixed all the dry ingredients together and I heated the cream and water till warm, added it in and I let it rise two times. Once as a dough ball and another as the shaped loaves. I did bake them in mini loaf pans though and made a couple small rolls for another "food project." They all baked up perfectly, very crusty outside and soft and delicious inside. I wish I had more crust on this bread, it's so good! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Perfect snacking slices!
This bread is fantastic. Who cares how many calories is in that much cream??? Not me, this bread is way to awesome to care! Bergy, I just love all of your fantastic recipes. Thanks for making my family's (and many full friends) gastronomical adventures more yummy!
Bergy, I haven't made this yet, but it just sounds so, so, wonderful!!! I love the ingredients and so easy!! Thanks for posting!! Love, Becky