Recipe by HEP MEP
Got this out of "365 Ways To Cook Chicken." Ted is the former San Diego Chicken. I usually halve this recipe for us, and it is still plenty! I also layer half the mixture in the dish, lay on the Parmesan, layer the other half and add more Parmesan - just my preference.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Hi Meppie, this was a wonderful and easy to put together dinner I made tonight for myself and DH...delicious taste...of coarse I added fresh garlic (lots of it!), in the butter, the sauce was so yummy, we enjoyed it so much. I only had 6 breasts so that is all I used...it was just a perfect amount for two people, I have enough left over for tomorrow's dinner...thanks so much Mep for such a delicious, and easy to make dinner, I will look forward to making this again very soon...:-), KC
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I use much more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and lemon juice.
- Cook until liquid evaporates In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms.
- soup and sour cream.
- Add spaghetti and mix well.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes,until hot and bubbly.