Recipe by Ted
This is a recipe I adapted (a little) from Martin Yan's Crunchy Apple Beef recipe. It is absolutely delicious!
Top Review by LogicallyLocked
Altogether this recipe was really underwhelming. It wasn't bad, but it turned out much more bland than I expected. Maybe if the whole thing had time to simmer together longer? I dunno, it was alright but we probably won't make it again.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb beef tri-tip steak
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 large granny smith apple (or 2 small ones)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tri-tip into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Mix the cornstarch, soy sauce, and beef together and let marinate while you finish prepping.
- Zest the lemon, and squeeze about a tablespoon of the juice.
- Combine the lemon juice, zest and five spice powder.
- Core and cut the apples into 1/2 inch cubes, and mix into the five-spice-lemon mix.
- Dice the red pepper (1/2 inch again!) and cut the green onions into two inch lengths.
- Put a stir-fry pan or wok on high heat till hot and add the oil, swirling it around the sides.
- Add the beef and stir-fry until it's rare (2 minutes).
- Add apples, peppers, and onions and stir-fry till apples are tender (2 minutes).
- Put it on a platter and serve!