Recipe by Red Apple Guy
Similar to the Texan Bill Cannon's Suprise Potatoes, these are a terrific side dish for BBQ's or just any occassion. They are cheesy and a little rough around the edges with the potato skins left in the dish. My "step" grandson Teddy loves these, so I changed the name to Teddy's Favorite.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes (whole, with skins)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or condensed cream of chicken soup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (or a blend of Monterey jack and cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350
- Boil potatoes in skins until done
- Drain and cool for 30 to 45 minutes
- Crush with hands into chunks
- Mix other ingredients, reserving 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cheese
- Blend gently and fill casserole dish (2 to 3 quart)
- Bake for 30 minutes and add cheese on top
- Bake for 15 more minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browning.