Prep 2 hrs 40 mins
Cook 17 mins
These are the cutest rolls you'll ever eat! I loved all the raves..And they taste good too. I started making these for my boys when they were about 6, 8 and 10. Had to always make lots for all their friends, and all the adults loved them too. The honey butter is delish too. This is another recipe from Taste of Home. I also did tie a ribbon around the neck of the bears for the kids.(well, maybe the adults too!) If you have kids or grandkids they will be sooo excited to see the bread at the table. I often made these in the winter for my boys and their friends as a treat.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 1⁄2-6 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 20 raisins
- decorators white frosting
- In a mixing bowl,dissolve yeast in water.
- Add milk, sugar, oil, egg, salt and 4 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minute.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- For each bear, shape a 2 inch ball for the body.
- Add a 1 1/4 inch ball for the head and six 1/2 inch balls for the ears, arms, and legs.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise until doubled about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 17 minuts or till golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Add risins for eyes, anchoring with a dab of frosting. Add a frosting smile.
- Can serve with Honey Butter.
- 1 cup butter, softened.
- 1/4 cup honey.
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Beat till fluffy. Chill.