Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Kill It & Grill It cookbook!
- 2 lbs venison steak, fat trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter (or more)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash curry powder
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup sour cream
- Add butter to a largeskillet and brown the venison and mushrooms quickly.
- Stir in sherry and water.
- Add the onion soup mix, garlic salt, curry powder and bouillon cube.
- Mix well, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes every 15 minutes add liquid if necessary.
- Just before serving add sour cream, heat through and serve.
- Serve it over rice or egg noodles.
Very good. Super simple recipe. I used reduced fat sour cream and it was delicious. Great flavor.
We have been making this recipe for years and LOVE it! So simple and quick to make on a week night. We use all different types of venison or beef, whatever is on hand. The only difference is that we use IMO or greek yogurt in place of the sour cream due to dairy allergy. Great flavor and the leftovers are fantastic as well!